12.30.2016

Day 1 of 21

I've realized that I spend much of my time fantasizing about what I want and envying people who already have it, where truthfully, I just need to work on reaching that destination myself. I need to be persistent with my goals reminding myself that in due time, I will be where I need to be.

This mindset can go for both things that are in your control, like your health, hair, running a 5k and just overall personal goals as well as goals that that may not be in your own control like finding love, getting a raise, promotion or anything you cannot fully make happen yourself. All you can do is consistently make sure that everyday you are working towards what you want and knowing that you are putting your all into reaching your goals So with time, by knowing that you've truly invested in yourself and you are showing the world the best form of yourself, all will yours.

Just like the bible says, in James 1:12 - "Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial, because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him"

So on that note, I've started a 21 day plan. Why 21? Well sometime ago in some book I read that it takes 21 days to form a habit. What I'm trying to form is the consistent progress of bettering myself...if that makes sense. Every day I will be physically writing down in my notebook an affirmation for myself reminding me of where I want to be as well performing at least one task in reaching a goal. (btw - I got this idea from one of my favorite writers/inspirational speakers, Alex Elle) On that note, for day 1 of 21, I affirmed:

I will not let my emotions get the best of me.

I wont lie, this may be one I have to read over and over everyday. As for my task, I put the energy into writing a blog post. So here is to reaching my goals and persevering.

Happy New Year - Rose