12.05.2016

Hello December - 2016 in Perspective

Hello? 2016? Where have you gone?

 It's already December and this year has entirely flown by in a snap of a finger. Like many people, so much has happened this year that I'm in awe with all that I've grown from January 2016 to now. It has almost been a year since I graduated from Georgia Tech and taken a full step into real time adulthood. No more beach filled spring breaks or any of that empty bank account syndrome that most college students suffer through.

I started my new job a month after graduation in a city without my family and the little group of friends I had, moved away to start their new jobs while exploring their new cities. This left me alone in the amazing city of Atlanta with no one to explore with - and no, I'm not the type to easily make friends. I decided that despite my lack of company, I will try to make the best of my situation. So to speed up this reflective moment, here are a couple of pictures that represent a glimpse of the many positives of 2016:



1. Girls trip to visit me in ATL. 2. First Braves game. 3. Cabbagetown wall mural for Forward Warrior. 4. Trip to to cute town of Gatlinburg. 5. My brother's confirmation. 6. Sweetwater Creek hike. 7. Tubing down the Chatahoochee. 8. Handling my first concrete pour at work. 9. First (but not last) taste of Korean BBQ. 10. Bought my dream car. 11. Hiking the Appalachian Trail in the Smokey Mountains. 12. Hosting my first Thanksgiving at my apartment for my family.

Along with the positives, there were some downsides, but instead of reflecting on those, I have decided to leave those memories in the past and just learn from the actions that placed me in those situations.

On that note, I'm taking this month of December to gear up for 2017. This year I tasted the bests and the worst of what we call adulthood. Now that I know what to expect, I plan to take the reigns of 2017 and gallop straight to my goals. For the month of December, every Friday - or hopefully no later than Sunday - I will share some of my goals and how I plan to accomplish them.

 - Rose H.


***************************UPDATE***************************

It's been a week since the end of my relationship. I was able to follow my 4-Step Guide, but like any human being, I did have a day where I reverted back to a crying confused mess. I resorted to praying and writing, which helped immensely. It all reminded me that God has a plan. Everything that happens is for a reason and God will bring all the best to you. Just pray and continue to have faith.